This special fund has been created through donations made in memory of Ann Maguire, a school teacher from Leeds who was well-loved and respected but who tragically died in April 2014. Ann had an incredible gift of identifying potential in her pupils, whilst giving them the encouragement and strength to help realise their goals. In her honour, the fund wishes to continue her work by enabling and developing the aspirations of young people.
The focus of the Fund is on arts education:
- Performing arts including drama (literature and poetry), singing, instrumental music and dance.
- Development of language skills in connection with the performing arts
The Fund is not able to support art projects involving photography or film.
Grants are available for individuals between the ages of 11 and 18, living in Leeds, who have a talent in any of the areas detailed above who can demonstrate that their personal circumstances prevent them from fully developing their skills. The fund is also open for community groups across West Yorkshire who provide activities for talented young people.
- Individuals – Leeds Metropolitan District
- Community groups – West Yorkshire
- Individuals – grants of up to £500
- Community groups – grants of up £1,500
Programme is currently closed for applications.