Grants may be made for charitable purposes to relieve hardship for people in Leeds that has been caused directly or indirectly by the recent storms and flooding. The fund has been set up with thanks to donations from individuals and charitable organisations, not just locally, but across the country.
Individuals or families who are suffering hardship and whose homes have been affected by the flooding. This is likely to include damage to property and/or possessions.
- Our main focus is on supporting voluntary, community organisations and registered charities, including local residents groups and social enterprises. We recognise that some of the larger schemes may be led by private and/or public sector organisations and these will only be eligible if there is some local community involvement – perhaps in terms of using local volunteers, engaging the services of a charity, social enterprise or environmental organisations to undertake some of the work.
Funding will be awarded under the following priorities:
Individual grants will be given to:
- Heating equipment
- Replacement costs of basic furniture or white goods (fridge, cooker etc)
- Information, advice, counselling
- People on low incomes
- Priority will be given to households with people over 70, children under five, people with physical or learning disabilities or mental health needs (e.g. receiving Disability Living Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independent Payment)
Community group grants will be given to assist:
- Preparation for future flooding and emergency response
- Projects that support community activities and projects initiated as a result of the flooding and/or that leave a lasting legacy in the community for wider community benefit
- Long term community re-building projects
- Community-led flood defence work
How much is available?
- Individual grants – up to £250 will be available.
- Community group grants – up to £20,000 will be available.
We may be able to award more than this in exceptional circumstance so please do include full details of the budget in your application.
How to apply/ Deadlines
Before applying for the grant please read the following grant guidelines to check your eligibility. The deadline for applications 21 July 2016.
- Individuals – Please click here to download an application form.
- Community groups – Please click here to complete our online application form.
Back to Open Grants Programmes