Ideas that Change Lives
The Ideas that Change Lives Programme
The Ideas that Change Lives programme offers business guidance and financial investment to help organisations and individuals to develop socially enterprising ideas.
Focus of the Fund
The Ideas that Change Lives programme aims to help adults in Leeds with care and support needs to improve their health, improve their well-being and remain independent. It supports ideas that make a real impact with:
- Older people;
- People with learning disabilities, physical disabilities or sensory impairment;
- People with mental health needs;
- People with alcohol or substance use issues;
- People with long term health conditions;
- Young people in transition between services.
Practical support is provided by experienced social enterprise and business advisors from SEE Ahead. It is available at any stage of the process from developing your idea to implementation.
Investment – There are two levels of investment which can fund either capital items or revenue costs. Funding can support pilot projects and start-up costs, or contribute to expanding or developing your current trading or enterprising activity.
There are two types of financial support available:
1. Kick Start Investment (£500 – £4,000). This is for organisations with a socially enterprising idea that supports people to live independently in their own homes, but who need support to develop the idea into a full business plan.
2. Development Investment (£5,000 – £15,000). This is available for services/activities that support people with care needs to remain independent. It is expected that organisations that apply for this grant will have a fully costed business plan and already be an incorporated body with social aims.
Full details regarding the scope and eligibility of the project are set out in the fund criteria sheet. This can be accessed via the following link.
How to Apply
Prior to applying, prospective applicants are required to to contact SEE Ahead to discuss their proposals. In order to arrange this, please contact Sam Dowgill in the LCF grants team at Samuel@leedscf.org.uk.
Kick Start Investment – Please complete the online application form. This can be accessed via the following link.
Development investment – This is a two stage process and groups are required to complete an Expression of Interest form prior to applying. The Expression of Interest form can be accessed via the following link. Providing your proposal is eligible, you will then be provided with a Development application form for completion.
The deadline for receipt of both the Kick Start and Development applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 30th January 2019.
We aim to inform successful applicants by early February 2019. Successful applicants should complete the activity within 12 months of the award being confirmed.
If you have any queries about the programme, or would like advice as to whether or not your project might
be eligible, please contact our Grants Team on 0113 242 2426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.